Sunday, March 29, 2009

Turning Vegetarian, Turning Healthy

I have been thinking about turning into a vegetarian to experience the range of health benefits that it will probably provide.

A large part of being fit depends on one's diet. Therefore, I can not provide you with fitness education without talking about diet. I don't want to get into details and fine lines here, but by vegetarian, I will basically be cutting out meats.

So I will be eating foods including:
  • vegetables
  • fruits
  • nuts and grains
  • seafood
  • dairy
  • eggs
Ok, so here's the plan. I will be gradually easing into this using the following tentative schedule.

1st Month
Week 1: March 29 - April 4
At least 2 days out of the week vegetarian foods

Week 2: April 5 - April 11
At least 3 days out of the week vegetarian foods

Week 3: April 12 - April 18
At least 4 days out of the week vegetarian foods

Week 4: April 19 - April 25
At least 5 days out of the week vegetarian foods

Week 5 and further
All days vegetarian foods
2nd Month
Tentative plan if I make it this far: Cut out junk foods (e.g. chips, cookies, candies, sugary beverages, etc.)
3rd Month
Tentative plan if I make it this far: Tighten up vegetarian diet in terms of food preparation (e.g. restrict fried foods, cut down on condiment usage and heavy sauces, etc.)
So who's with me? How far will I be able to make it? Will I relapse and crash diet out? Stay tuned to find out! I will be posting my progress and findings here to share with you all as I embark on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment